Monday, August 18, 2008

San Antonio

The girls and I went to San Antonio for 4 days and spent time with my sister, Shari and niece, Randi Lane.   Here's Aunt Shari, Abbi & Hannah on the log ride at Fiesta Texas.   We had a nice day weather wise with overcast skies considering it was mid August.


Below is a picture of them contemplating  a piece of art at the McNay Art Museum.  I took this picture for Randy because it is made of junk found in dumpsters or a river or something.  There are tin cans and old boots, etc.
After the art museum, we went to The Witte, Science Museum.   As you can see it was pretty interactive and a lot of fun.  It rained a good part of the day, so it was a good thing we had planned indoor activities.



Here is our picture from our Natural Bridge Caverns tour taken on Sunday when Randi Lane could join us.  We didn't buy the picture, Randi just took a picture of it for us.  The caverns were pretty neat, but I expected them to be cooler as the website said they were a constant 70 degrees.  I forgot to factor in the humidity of 100% which made it feel more like 85. 



Aunt Shari rode the roller coasters and other rides with Abbi & Hannah at Fiesta Texas. 
This one is called The Scream.  Abbi decided she didn't want to.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! I have wanted to go to San Antonio, maybe we'll make it one day. So you don't ride the rides? Me either! I wish I could, but they make me sick and I am too scared. Glad you had a good time and thanks for sharing the pictures.

Anonymous said...

PS: Can't wait for your recipe post and to hear if Hannah made the banana bread! I bought choc chips to put in the recipe instead of nuts, my sister-in-law recommended that, but that will probably have to wait til the weekend. :)