Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Favorite Mexican Dip Recipe

Easy & Delicious Mexican Layer Dip 

Layer in glass or stoneware dish: (approx 7 ½ x 11) 

8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese (soften & spread to cover bottom)

I always use original instead of fat-free or low-fat...it has a better consistency & taste!

1 Can Black Beans - drained

1 Can Rotel Mexican Festival Tomatoes - drained slightly

Grated Mexican Blend Colby Jack or Cheddar Cheese 

Bake in 325 degree oven just until cheese is melted. 

Top with mixture of chopped green onions and Cilantro to cover & taste. 

Serve with Tortilla Chips & Enjoy!

I got this recipe from at an end of the season soccer party back in the day when Abbi still played soccer.  It was so easy I never had to write it down until this weekend when a friend from church asked for it. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will Hannah be coming to my house to make this?!?!?! 4got to ask, did Hannah like the banana bread she made? Thanks for posting!

Angela said...

Maybe next summer! Hannah loved the bread, but now that school is starting today, I doubt she'll have time to make it again.....maybe on the weekend before they get too ramped up with projects!

Anonymous said...

Ok....I am getting ready to make it.....

Anonymous said...

LATE UPDATE: Everyone said they loved the dip! I couldn't find the exact Rotel that you said, so I just bought one with diced tomatoes and green chiles, I think. Very easy to put together, so I loved it! Thanks for sharing.

Angela said...

Sheri - Glad you made the dip and liked it. Hannah wants to make banana bread again, but I ate one of the bananas about 10 minutes before she said that and we didn't have enough. They are really busy will school work anyway and I'm busy watching the RNC.

Anonymous said...

What did you think of Gov Palin????????

Angela said...

I think Sarah Palin is great and has really helped to unify the party and make things exciting!

Anonymous said...

I say boot McCain and Palin for President :)!!!